Search This Blog

Monday, April 16, 2012

Back to the Future: The Game

My Rating: 8/10
Gamespot User Rating: 7.7/10 (roughly)

Anyone who loves point and click adventures or Back to the Future will like this game.

I loved point and click adventures such as Curse of Monkey Island, Grim Fandango and King's Quest VI and I've always loved Back to the Future, so when my former roomate bought me this game I was really excited.

Now that the full game is released and you don't have to anxiously await the next episode (when I got it only Ep 1 was released) I'd definately say get this game. Standard point and click mechanics, nothing really special stands out about this game to me, just the story.

If you liked Back to the Future you will probably appreciate this game as it does have good attention to detail. The game is set six months after the events of the third film, and doesn't really cause any continuity problems. The DeLorean mysteriously appears in Hill Valley and you have to figure out why, then you have to go back in time (as Marty) to save Doc.

Each episode has a slightly different feel to it, and like in the movies they cause slight or (in the case of episode 3) major timeline variations which they need to travel back and fix.

The best part of the game is it keeps the feel and the humor of the original trilogy. The end of the 5th episode was, for me, kind of weird. I was a little disappointed with the direction they took, but at least it kept up with the feel and humor of the movies.

It is a great game put personally I think the $24.99 price tag might be a bit too much for some people to swing, each episode is about 1.5 to 2 hours long and at 5 episodes that's 10 hours of gameplay for 25 bucks. However, like I said, if you loved the trilogy, this game will probably be worth it for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment